Friday, March 3, 2017

Temperance is Today's Tarot Card

Today's card is Temperance - the 14th card of the Major Arcana

This is one of the cards I have a hard time understanding - not sure why, so I pulled some information below from the book meaning which I usually don't do.

A person with wings stands upon the world wearing wings on their feet as well. He holds 2 vessels, one that appears empty and a radiant sun is behind him. The figure is neither obviously male or female - a hermaphrodite indicating a balance between the genders.

The wings make the figure a creature of air, though he stands upon solid land which speaks to me of "as above, so below" and is more mindful of their path than the Fool is. The 2 cups are said to represent the sub and super-conscious minds perhaps advising us to stay grounded in our path, yet focused on our goals and dreams in order to achieve the promise of the Sun which to me always speaks of joy and ultimate happiness/success.

I can see the things the book talks about in the symbolism of this card. I see it now as a reminder to temper my day with all the tasks I want to do, as well as the fun I want to have. To stay grounded as I move thru the day.

---------------------
My regular deck is the Egyptian Tarot Deck and all imagery described uses this deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment